[keycloak-user] Send welcome mail after successful registration

Andreas Lau andreas.lau at outlook.com
Mon Nov 26 11:00:52 EST 2018

Hey,
i'd like keycloak to send a welcome mail after the user has successfully registered and verified his email. Currently I don't know how to do it. I found jira [1] feature request proposing a extension to support welcome email by configuration (I think). In the comments someone suggested to use SMTP provider and EventListener. The next comment has a Link [3] to a EventListener sample but I can not figure out what I have to do.
I think they suggested the follwing workflow:
1. registration finished
2. listener invokes - how to tell Listener to listen on the registration event (how is the event named)
3. SMTP provider sends a email

Hope someone is able to help me out.

Andreas
[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1835