[keycloak-user] Clustering + SAML = No backchannel logout. Why?

Chris Brandhorst Chris.Brandhorst at topicus.nl
Wed Nov 28 03:14:52 EST 2018

Hi,

We can all see the following warning in the description of the Java Servlet Filter Adapter:

       Backchannel logout does not currently work when you have a clustered application that uses the SAML filter.

We are unable to find or guess what the reasons behind these are, so my question is: why? Could someone explain the details as to why this is the case? And on which side (KC or the SAML filter) side things go wrong?

Thanks,
Chris