[keycloak-user] Public key for verifying JWT?

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at keepertech.com
Tue Oct 2 15:51:22 EDT 2018

Im trying to verify a JWT access token from Keycloak using the python
jose-jwt library, but cannot seem to get it to succeed.   When using the
HS512 algorithm, how does one retrieve the key needed to verify the JWT
tokens?

The JWT header decodes to something like this:  {"alg":"HS512","typ" :
"JWT","kid" : "eb31076b-bce6-495a-9a4b-e3210e14b342"}, but I don't see how
to get the key associated with the given kid value above.

I tried using the "client secret" from the credential section, but thats
not working.

What am I missing?

thanks!