[keycloak-user] 2 Doubts

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Fri Oct 12 17:25:01 EDT 2018

Hi Fabio, answers inline,

On Thu, 2018-10-11 at 21:59 -0300, Fabio Ebner wrote:
> I follow this sample to create my app (
> https://sandor-nemeth.github.io/java/spring/2017/06/15/spring-boot-with-keycloak.html)
> , this works fine. but now I have 2 doubt
>
> 1 - How can I from my api create user in keycloak?

You mean, from your Spring Boot app? Like from any Java app, you can use Keycloak Admin Client [1] or any REST client to talk to Keycloak Admin REST API [2]. Users endpoint is what you're looking for.

> 2 - With the token how can I get the user's info?

That's what the UserInfo endpoint [3] is for :) see also example [4].

[1] https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_development/index.html#example-using-java
[2] https://www.keycloak.org/docs-api/4.5/rest-api/
[3] https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/securing_apps/#userinfo-endpoint
[4] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2016-July/006793.html

Good luck,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro