[keycloak-user] Managing Mysql relational database setup

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Oct 15 06:12:28 EDT 2018

Hello Deepa,

On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 15:14 +0530, Deepa Gaddigoudar wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I have configured keycloak DB from H2 to Mysql. My applications are
> working fine too. What i want is,
>
>  1. Can i manage the user credentials? (Because i want to import
>     existing users credentials generated before integrating application
>     with keycloak, as we dont want to create new user credentials and
>     make it difficult for end users).

The answer is "yes" provided that the hash algorithm is known.

There are three hash algorithms supported out of the box, namely PBKDF2-{SHA1,SHA256,SHA512}
If your legacy hash format/algorithm is different from that, you'll need to implement a PasswordHashProvider.
Here's the example of how this was done for BCrypt: https://github.com/leroyguillaume/keycloak-bcrypt

>  2. If i could import a existing credentials(username and password) to
>     keycloak mysql , then to which table?(Because i am not finding the
>     passwords) anywhere in table.

The table is called "credential".

Good luck!
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro