[keycloak-user] possible encoding issue in the CLI tool

triton oidc triton.oidc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:21:03 EDT 2018

Hi,

for keycloak to be use in my entreprise, i need to pass somes tests,
one of those is importing a data of test users with non conventional
character.

When i use the GUI, i got no issues.
However when i use the CLI, i loose some specials character somewhere

i reproduiced the issue in my dev envoronement :

here is what i do to create the test user :
SSO_DEMO_USERNAME=anakin; ${JBOSS_HOME}/bin/kcadm.sh create users -r
"$SSO_REALM" -s username="$SSO_DEMO_USERNAME" -s
firstName='Roma.العربية.Việt Nam.中国.中國'  -s lastName='Roma.العربية.Việt
Nam.中国.中國' -s email=$SSO_DEMO_USERNAME at mail.com  -s enabled
d=true
The result is :
Created new user with id '8c6e99cb-58ad-45ae-a217-84e4dfd15c0b'

Here is a print screen with the previous command, the displayed
firstname/lastname associated (anakin user)
and the same one created with the GUI : obiwan

[image: image.png]
As you can see, only the one crated with the GUI do

I don't know if it's a bug or not.
if so should i created the a github issue with it ?

i tried to escape the characters with simple or double quotes : same
results.

The keycloak version i use is comming from displays the name correctly
https://access.redhat.com/containers/?tab=tech-details#/registry.access.redhat.com/redhat-sso-7-tech-preview/sso-cd-openshift

i think it's base on the 4.X realease, but there was no --version on the
kacadm binary, so i'm not sure

Thanks for any help

Amaury