[keycloak-user] How to implement PasswordHashProvider for the Bcrypt password using existing library

Deepa Gaddigoudar deepag at aissel.com
Wed Oct 17 04:59:42 EDT 2018

Hello There!,

I need to migrate my existing applications user credentials to keycloak
database(i setup a RDBMS i.e mysql). I have used simpleloginsecure
library to hash the password while creating application user account.
This library uses md5 Bcrypt method to hash the password. I know i need
to implement PasswordHashProvider.

My question:

 1. Is it possible to use the simpleloginsecure library in keycloak.
 2. How to implement PasswordHashProvider ?
 3. Later how to move user credentials from existing database to
    keycloak mysql schema?

Regards,

Deepa M G

*Deepa M Gaddigoudar | Software Developer*
Aissel Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
A Block, Floor 2, IT Park, Hubli – 580029. India
Ph (Ind) : +91 836-235-1011 l Ph: +1 347-966-8181
Cell: +91 8951519616
E-Mail: deepag at aissel.com