[keycloak-user] How to get a link to password reset from keycloak api

Andreas Lau andreas.lau at outlook.com
Mon Oct 22 03:52:19 EDT 2018

Hello,
we have a application where we managed to create a user account over the REST API. Now instead creating a temporary password for the new user and forcing the user to login and change the password the very first time he/she logs in, we'd like to create a link, where he/she has to enter a password and gets logged in (exactly like it is done in the functionality password reset), and send it to the user via mail.
I've googled around and the only hints I can find is how to call reset password via API. But with this we only trigger keycloak to send a mail with such a link. But as I said we like to get the link itself. Is this possible somehow?
Can you give us a helping hand?
Thanks.
Andreas