[keycloak-user] keycloak-quickstarts: app-authz-photoz vs. app-authz-uma-photoz

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 15:57:06 EDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 3:35 PM Melissa Palmer <melissa.palmer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Pedro,
>
> Two more things
> 1) on the app-authz-photoz it refers and uses photoz-authz-policy but
> there is no module for photoz-authz-policy in the code base,
> is it ok then to use the one from app-authz-uma-photoz

Humm ... I thought I have removed any reference for this one. If so, it is
an issue and I'll fix it. That quickstart should not be using drools
policies ...

> 2) What would the advantage be to use the UMA flow?

You are using a standard that is more suitable if you have privacy
requirements. For instance, in UMA your client application is able to
submit "authorization requests" to resource owners so they can approve
access to others to their assets and you are allowed to manage permissions
to these "user-managed resources" via a REST API.