[keycloak-user] how to handle upgrade for Keycloak docker deployment

Eugen Stan ieugen at netdava.com
Fri Oct 26 11:01:28 EDT 2018

Hello,

What are the steps to upgrade a Keycloak Docker deployment? The steps in
[upgrade-guide] are valid for normal deployments.

Docker upgrades can simply be done by changing the version number.

I know some steps are necesary. I also know that databse migration can
be handled by Keycloak automatically.

What about the other steps?

TLDR:

We are using keycloak to secure some of our services. We have deployed
it via Docker, following the instructions on [keycloak-docker].

However, there is something that bugs me: How to to upgrades.

I've read the [upgrade-guide] and the steps are:

- stoping the server

- run some script

- start the server (to do databasse migrations).

Our setup is simple, we have a single keycloak instance with PostgtreSQL
and no changes other than a custom theme.

[keycloak-docker] https://hub.docker.com/r/jboss/keycloak/

[upgrade-guide] https://www.keycloak.org/docs/4.5/upgrading/

Thanks,

Eugen