[keycloak-user] Instalation and configuration dilemmas

Bojan Milosavljević bojan.milosavljevic95 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 00:45:39 EDT 2018

Hello,

With respect, I'll get straight to the point - I installed Keycloak on
remote machine, there I have PostgreSQL database which I want to secure
with Keycloak.

However, I have 2 doubts.

1) Does Keycloak (4.5.0) require to be used with WildFly server in order to
be able to properly secure applications (I will connect to db using Android
and iOS apps)? Because AeroGear has tutorials but with 1.1.0 version of
Keycloak where WildFly is necessary to secure application.

2) As far as I've understood I need to have some sort of back-end service
which will be used to unpack and test permissions written on tokens (cause
I don't see how can I use only Keycloak to access to db through it?) and
that back-end will take care of db access and Keycloak is only used as
token provider as far as I can tell? Am I wrong? If so, how can I use
Keycloak to properly secure this db and access it through say Android app?

Thank you in advance,

Bojan Milosavljevic.