[keycloak-user] kubernetes discovery protocol for JGroups

Graham Burgess graham.burgess at razer.com
Tue Oct 30 11:43:37 EDT 2018

Meissa,

I believe the difference is in how it gets the data about the instances in the cluster. DNS_PING obviously will use DNS, in a Kubernetes env you will want to setup a headless service for that so it gets all the IPs for all the instances. As for KUBE_PING, well that uses the Kubernetes API directly to determine the IPs of the instances.

I run vanilla Kubernetes clusters so I don't know how the difference with OS will effect my beliefs. However, I would probably recommend just using DNS_PING and making sure that there is a headless service as well as a normal service for Keycloak. It would seem to be the more generic method for sure.

Best regards,
Graham Burgess
RΛZΞR|stormmore
Sr. DevOps Engineer (USA)
Email: graham.burgess at razer.com
DID: (415) 374 0639
Razer Inc. Stock Code: 1337.HK
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, do not copy, distribute or use its contents. Do inform the sender that you have received the message in error and delete it from your system. E-mails are not secure and may suffer errors, computer viruses, delay, interception and amendment. Razer accepts neither risk nor liability for any damage or loss caused by this e-mail. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Razer reserves the right to retain, monitor and intercept e-mails to and from its systems.