[keycloak-user] Realm Admin Console x509 Certificate Login

Grant Foster gfoster at loyalsource.com
Wed Sep 5 16:19:00 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Is there a way to configure Keycloak to use a user's certificate for logging in to a realm's admin console?

Here's the documentation I read for client x509 authentication: https://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.4/server_admin/index.html#_x509

I don't see anything in regard to authenticating a realm admin into the admin console using x509 authentication - just for authenticating with a client.

I've googled but haven't found anyone asking the same question, so I figured I'd ask here.

Just to be clear, I want to be able to go to localhost:8180/auth/admin/{realm-name}/console and be asked to authenticate using my user certificate instead of username/password. Can this be done? Thanks.