[keycloak-user] Obtaining RPT with Keycloak installed

keycloak demo testoauth55 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 05:58:07 EDT 2018

I am using keycloak installed through which I can obtain access token. like
this:

*keycloakinstalled.loginDesktop();*
*AccessToken token = keycloak.getToken();*

But how can I obtain RPT (Requesting Party Token) in case of
keycloakinstalled?

I have followed the doc:
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/4.3/authorization_services/#obtaining-user-entitlements
which
gives a way to request RPT by using AuthzClient. But how can it be done if
I am using keycloakinstalled?

Also by decoding the RPT and accessToken I can see that RPT has
authorization & permissions info which Access Token does not have:

"authorization": { "permissions": [.....

In summary, I have 2 questions:

1. Which one (Access token or RPT) should be used if I want to use
authorization in my client application? What is the exact difference in
terms of usage between the two?

2. How can the RPT be obtained in case of Keycloak installed?