[keycloak-user] Changing welcomeTheme with packaged theme

Cédric Couralet cedric at couralet.eu
Mon Sep 17 02:38:47 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am trying to define a welcomeTheme for keycloak server with a theme
packaged and deployed in "/standalone/deployments".

When trying the welcome page http://localhost:8080/auth/, I get an error
page and the stack trace :

08:24:48,001 ERROR [org.keycloak.services.error.KeycloakErrorHandler]
(default task-1) Uncaught server error:
javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
         at
org.keycloak.services.resources.WelcomeResource.createWelcomePage(WelcomeResource.java:213)
         at
org.keycloak.services.resources.WelcomeResource.getWelcomePage(WelcomeResource.java:98)
         [...]

I am guessing, it (something) doesn't find the theme. Is it supposed to
be working?

I am testing on keycloak 4.4.0.Final with the standalone conf as :

             <theme>
                 <staticMaxAge>2592000</staticMaxAge>
                 <cacheThemes>true</cacheThemes>
                 <cacheTemplates>true</cacheTemplates>
                 <welcomeTheme>myTheme</welcomeTheme>
                 <dir>${jboss.home.dir}/themes</dir>
             </theme>

I see my theme jar is deploying in the configuration and it works when I
take the welcome folder from the jar and put it in the "themes"
directory.

Best regards,
Cédric Couralet