[keycloak-user] Get token returns new refresh token before expiry of refresh token

Arun Velayudhan arun.velayudhan at motorolasolutions.com
Wed Sep 19 05:19:12 EDT 2018

Hello All,
Whenever we renew an access token keycloak returns a new refresh token.
Suppose the access token expiry is 30min and refresh token is 24hrs, for
every new access token request (i.e intervals of 30min) a new refresh token
(same expiry) gets created by keycloak. I am suspecting if this might be a
cause for memory growth in keycloak under traffic conditions. Any specific
configuration that can be enabled in keycloak so that keycloak can reuse
the same refresh token till it expires.

Arun