[keycloak-user] Standalone HA tokens not immediately shared among nodes

D V dv at glyphy.com
Thu Sep 20 10:26:57 EDT 2018

OK. So, with all caches being replicated, there's an error on startup:

2018-09-20 14:03:38,307 ERROR [org.infinispan.remoting.rpc.RpcManagerImpl]
(ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) ISPN000073: Unexpected error while
replicating: org.infinispan.commons.marshall.NotSerializableException:
org.keycloak.models.PasswordPolicy$Builder
Caused by: an exception which occurred:
in field org.keycloak.models.PasswordPolicy.builder
in object org.keycloak.models.PasswordPolicy at 6ab5350d
in field
org.keycloak.models.cache.infinispan.entities.CachedRealm.passwordPolicy
in object org.keycloak.models.cache.infinispan.entities.CachedRealm at 7864be21
in object org.keycloak.models.cache.infinispan.entities.CachedRealm at 7864be21
in object org.infinispan.commands.write.PutKeyValueCommand at fec4dc5e
in object org.infinispan.commands.remote.SingleRpcCommand at 3f2e5d1a

If I make the realms cache local but leave the rest replicated, I observe
the same behaviour: the node that didn't issue the original set of
refresh/access tokens does a getUserById lookup, which in my case results
in a network call against a remote service.

I noticed there are caches running that aren't mentioned in the config,
like userRevisions. These are local and adding them to the config as
replicated doesn't actually make them as such.