[keycloak-user] Picktelink| Keycloak |Wildfly 11 |SSO

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 03:28:13 EDT 2018

As you pointed, for Keycloak you need to have separate server. But for
bigger deployments, separate server (or rather separate cluster of
servers) is recommended for identity management anyway. The biggest
disadvantage of Picketlink is no more active development and limited
support from the long term perspective.

For more details see Faq page [1]. It is quite old and maybe some points
are outdated, but most are probably still valid.

[1] http://picketlink.org/keycloak-merge-faq/

Marek

On 24/09/18 16:01, vandana thota wrote:
> If we have to go with keycloak we have to stand up as  saparate server in
> the arhcitecture.
>
> But if we use  this  below  configuration no need  to set up the saparate
> keycloak server
>
> https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/08/17/integrating-picketlink-with-okta-for-saml-based-sso
> .
>
> What  are the pros  and cons of each set up ( 1 . With keycloak  server  2
> . with out keycloak server  ) for SSO  configuration .
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 5:15 PM Juan Pablo Perata <jpperata at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> AFAIK PicketLink is merged into Keycloak and it is no longer maintained,
>> all efforts, enhacements, etc are part of Keycloak now.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Juan
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 2:24 PM vandana thota <vandana0242 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Is  picketlink is good  to use  for SSO on wildfly 11 .What are advantages
>>> and disadvantagees  of using  below  link configurations  for  SSO on
>>> wildfly 11
>>>
>>> Below is the link  for picketlink, wildfly and IDP
>>>

>>> https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/08/17/integrating-picketlink-with-okta-for-saml-based-sso
>>> .
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Vandana