[keycloak-user] Feature freeze for 4.x

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 15:12:15 EDT 2018

We are nearing the completion of 4.x and are entering into a feature
freeze.

We will try to get through the current backlog of PRs, please be proactive
and answer any feedback we give on GitHub.

Anyone that wants to contribute additional features and enhancements to 4.x
should do so very soon, otherwise we are most likely not able to accept
until we start on 5.x.

>From November and most likely until end of January the team will focus on
bug fixing, automation and improvements to our testsuite. In this period
I'm afraid we are not able to accept new features or enhancements, but
please do send contributions regardless. We will review and add it to the
queue for things to be merged once we can open up the gates again.

I'm hoping that in the future with the effort we put in now on automation
and testsuite improvements we will not have to have such lengthy yearly
features freezes. Next time around we should be talking about weeks not
months.

As a final note thanks to everyone that has contributed to Keycloak. Be it
in the form of code, documentation or simply answering questions on the
mailing list. The community is what it is all about and we are very prod to
have such a great community around Keycloak.