[keycloak-user] Spring Boot Adapter: Error creating KeycloakConfigResolver with KC 4.5.0.Final

Niko Köbler niko at n-k.de
Fri Sep 28 11:16:40 EDT 2018

Ok, there's a difference, but no working workaround...

Previously, I declared the bean in a class annotated with @KeycloakConfiguration - the described error occured when starting the server up.

After moving the bean definition to another class, annotated with @Configuration only, the server powers up, but there are a lot (and I mean really a lot) of these messages when I try to call the page in the browser:

java.lang.StackOverflowError: null
	at org.keycloak.adapters.springboot.KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.resolve(KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.java:45) ~[keycloak-spring-boot-adapter-core-4.5.0.Final.jar:4.5.0.Final]
	at org.keycloak.adapters.springboot.KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.resolve(KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.java:45) ~[keycloak-spring-boot-adapter-core-4.5.0.Final.jar:4.5.0.Final]
	at org.keycloak.adapters.springboot.KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.resolve(KeycloakSpringBootConfigResolver.java:45) ~[keycloak-spring-boot-adapter-core-4.5.0.Final.jar:4.5.0.Final]

I'll try to get a example app with the configuration over the weekend, so that you are able to repdroduce. Unfortunately I now have to leave and can't proceed to work on it.
In the meantime, if you like, you can have a look here:
https://github.com/dasniko/keycloak-authdemo/blob/master/shop/src/main/java/dasniko/authdemo/shop/KeycloakAdapterSecurityConfig.java
https://github.com/dasniko/keycloak-authdemo/blob/master/shop/src/main/java/dasniko/authdemo/shop/KeyclaokSpringSecurityConfig.java

- Niko