[keycloak-user] Configure authorization with SAML

John Doe fsf.eff at protonmail.com
Sun Feb 3 03:27:07 EST 2019

Dear Keycloak users,
First of all I would like to thank you for committing on this project.

I configured Keycloak with FreeIPA. I have single realm in Keycloak (master realm) and All of my SAML clients are in this realm, Right now I want to limit access to "Weekdone.com SAML client" for certain users and as I searched I found out there is no authorization on SAML and it's under development, Can you please tell me about it's status?

If it's not available right now, How can I implement it?
Is it Ok if I create a "weekdone users" group in FreeIPA and create another realm in Keycloak and add weekdone SAML client to that realm?

I think that makes a mess in the long-term but I found no other solution.

References to this issue:
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2017-September/011759.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/8ah2we/keycloak_authorization_services_for_saml/

Best Regards.