[keycloak-user] Extending user registration and login

Ege Gunes egegunes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:28:52 EST 2019

Hello all,

I'm trying to integrate Keycloak with one backend and one frontend
application.

I want to get some extra information on registration. I managed to add
required inputs to theme by following docs [1]. But I have a problem:
I want user to select one of many options from a dropdown but I don't
want to harcode this options to `registration.ftl`, I want to fetch
those from my backend and populate options. Can you point me to some
direction to achieve this?

Also, is there any chance to customize login process to make user select
one of this options on login form and authenticate user by matching
selected option and username? For example, if I have schools in a
dropdown menu and school number as username, can Keycloak check if user
has exact school attribute and username and authenticate?

Best,

[1] https://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.1/server_development/topics/custom-attributes.html

--
Ege Gunes