[keycloak-user] User registration with eMail-address already in use shows internalServerError

Mitra Rajib, Bedag Rajib.Mitra at bedag.ch
Tue Feb 19 10:16:18 EST 2019

Dear keycloak-users,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it is by design, but I get an 'internalServerError'-message when I'm trying to register a new user with an email-address that is already in use by another Keycloak-user.

-Realm-Settings:

Email as username: Off
Verify email: On
Login with email: Off
Duplicate email: Off

-Keycloak version:

4.8.3.Final

-Database:

Postgres

With Keycloak 3.4.3.Final I was faced  with the same issue, but received a different error message.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Rajib