[keycloak-user] kcinit status

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 10:57:58 EST 2019

It's not a priority due to it not being a useful tool, but rather other
higher priority tasks.

The engineer that developed the kcinit prototype has left the team and we
are now in a situation where no one knows it well. Further, there are
design issues in it that I'm not convinced about.

For it to become a supported tool there are at least a few things that
needs to be done:

* Remove Java based testing from keycloak/keycloak and add testing to Go
repo itself. As well as review test coverage
* Review design and consider if anything needs to change
  - Storage of tokens
  - How its used by multiple clients. I'm far from keen on it using token
exchange as it does today
* Review and resolve outstanding bugs
* Review code
* Documentation

Contributions would be more than welcome. Bug fixes including tests are
obvious candidates, design/functionality changes should be discussed on the
dev mailing list first ideally.