[keycloak-user] Authorization with javascript adapter

Alex Chatziparaskewas alex.chatziparaskewas at trapezegroup.com
Fri Jan 4 04:05:39 EST 2019

Hi Hari,

Nope, we are not using roles. Once a user is authenticated he is as well fully authorised. Anyhow, although we have not gone down that path yet, check the ‘tokenParsed’ attribute of the keycloak instance object (just log them for starters). It shows some information about access/resource roles associated with the current user.

Question from my side: has this anything to do with my original question about updating the ‘remember me’ session?

Thanks & Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex Chatziparaskewas,

Thanks for your reply.
I am not asking about authentication part, in am asking about authorization part.
For example i want to enable access for a URI(mypoject/test-resource) to users who have ROLE 'TEST' ,in the keycloak i can do that in Authorization tab
of a myclient.

That means when a user is logged in he can access URI 'mypoject/test-resource' only if he has ROLE 'TEST' other wise will be given error saying access denied.

This settings working fine with backend applications like java webapps/springboot apps, but not working with javascript/Angular apps. If you know how to make it work or have sample project let me know.