[keycloak-user] Keycloak events related to token/session expiry

Vineet Reynolds vineet.reynolds at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:24:01 EST 2019

My goal is to implement the event listener SPI to listen for logout
and session expiration events so that I could update a custom
attribute in the user model.

Does Keycloak generate any events that can be listened to, in order to
detect if the token or associated session has expired?

I've looked at the events listed in the EventType enumeration, and
none of them seem to be related to the specific expiration event. I
also enabled event logging, and no events related to expiry seemed to
appear in the Keycloak administration console; logout events were
generated when users signed out of the client app, but no event
appeared to generated on expiry.

I'm using Keycloak 3.4.3, but I suppose an answer for Keycloak 4.8
will be good enough for me.

Thanks,
Vineet