[keycloak-user] shared UMA 2.0 resource & scope based policies

Marek Lindner mareklindner at neomailbox.ch
Wed Jan 16 07:31:14 EST 2019

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 20:13:56 HKT Pedro Igor Silva wrote:
> Thanks. I think we are on the same page then. Created
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-9337.
>
> Please, for now, ignore that result and consider the set of the actual
> granted permissions.

Thanks for opening that bug. However, let me point out that this issue is not
limited to the evaluation tool. The UMA policy API evaluation is affected too.
Here the call for checking permissions:

POST /auth/realms/test/protocol/openid-connect/token
grant_type=urn:ietf:params:oauth:grant-type:uma-ticket
&permission=2e93c0ea-d5e3-4538-bdf1-47f3c5c67e9b#album:modify
&audience=photoz&response_mode=decision

returns: {"result":true}

Haven't tested RPT tickets but it is somewhat reasonable to assume those
are affected too. Looks like the policy logic is fine with any scope shared
to grant permission for all scopes.

Regards,