[keycloak-user] User Federation

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 08:18:34 EST 2019

Yes, one realm can point to another realm for federation.

Realm A uses Realm B for authentication.

Set up an identity provider in Realm A.  If you want Realm B to handle
all logins for Realm A, got to Authentication and set the Identity
Provider Redirector to the identity provider you just created.

In Realm B, create an openid-connect client for your application. Copy
and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from Realm B into the identity
provider in Realm A.

At first login, the users from Realm B will be created in Realm A.  I'm
not sure if this will solve your use case concerning permissions, but it
gives you something to play around with.