[keycloak-user] Keycloak - Email-verify Issue

Parth Kakadiya parth.kakadiya at e-kultur.eu
Wed Jan 23 06:21:06 EST 2019

I am working with the JHipster built Application where we authenticate via Keycloak(version 4.4.0 final).
During verify email, I am receiving email with confirmation link to confirm email. In few situation the verification link is not working. Below I have mention the steps that I did and problems.

Steps:
1. Registration with chrome
2. Get mail for email verification
3. Close the chrome and restart
4. Try to use verification link

Problem:
1. If I closed the current browser window/ open link in private window/ open link in different browser, the link is not working anymore.

Cause of the problem:
This problem is accrued because  of the cookies that keyclaok creating during registration. AUTH_SESSION_ID and KC_RESTART
Because when I close the browser window this cookies are no more in browser.

If i try to use verifcation link is the same browser window that i used for Registration than it’s working fine. Becuse in this browser window those two Cookies are stored.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10