[keycloak-user] [i18n] Time units in e-mails sent by Keycloak

Rodrigo Leme rodrigo.leme at softwareexpress.com.br
Wed Jan 30 08:55:27 EST 2019

Hi people,

We are currently using an i18n e-mail theme (to Brazilian Portuguese,
pt_BR), but we noticed that a few portions of the e-mails sent by
Keycloak cannot be internationalized, as in the sample below:

"Seu administrador acaba de solicitar que você atualize sua conta
FEPAS-CARDSE executando as seguintes ações: *Verify Email*. Clique no
link abaixo para iniciar este processo.

Link para a atualização da conta

Este link irá expirar dentro de *12 hours*.
Se você não sabe que seu administrador solicitou isso, apenas ignore
esta mensagem e nada será alterado."

According to the text above, the time was not internationalized ("12
hours"), neither the action ("Verify Email"). We added the asterisks
here for clarification purposes only.

In Portuguese, the displayed texts should be "12 horas" and "Verificar
email".

Is somebody aware of any method to fully internationalize the emails,
including the mentioned passages?

We even issued a bug report in Keycloak's JIRA
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-9459), but it was summarily
rejected by devs.

Best regards,
Rodrigo Lem