[keycloak-user] Fine Graned user permission in Admin console

David Erie (US) David.Erie at datapath.com
Tue Mar 5 09:30:25 EST 2019

For the record, we have a similar requirement for which we'd like to use fine grained permissions in the admin app. So we were wondering the same thing about when it will become fully supported, etc.

Thanks,
Dave
Hello everyone,

we will be using fine grained user permissions in admin console in our application. The motivation is simple: customers will be managing their realms directly in Keycloak and we want to make sure that they will not jailbreak (assign higher privileges than they currently have).

We have noticed that this feature is in preview, even though it seems that is in Keycloak from version 3.2.0 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3444).

We would like to ask if there are any plans to make it "official"/default part of installation. Or if there are some plans to change the functionality in upcoming versions (so we do not base our solution on this feature only to be discontinued in next version of Keycloak).

Thanks very much for any info.

Regards,

Pavel