[keycloak-user] Give access to his account to a client

François Gourrier francois.gourrier at libre-logic.fr
Thu Mar 7 11:35:27 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

i find the anwser by myself to my question.

I followed the instructions given for "fine grained permissions" here: https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#_fine_grain_permissions

But I do not have the expected result.

Here is my configuration :

 - I created a group "admin" and gave it the role "query-client" on the client "realm-management" of the kingdom concerned
 - For the client "Test" for which I wish to give access (for management) to a dedicated user, I created a policy with the right to manage for the group concerned "admin", via the "permissions" tab.
 - I added the relevant user "Test" in this group "admin.

And the result is: "Forbidden.You do not have access to the requested resource" ...

If I add the role "view-ream" to the group "admin" on the client "realm-management" of the kingdom concerned, it's OK, but the user "test" also reads the whole configuration of the kingdom, which is not desirable.

Did I miss something?

thank you in advance