[keycloak-user] Best practice for getting roles for all users

Niko Köbler niko at n-k.de
Sat Mar 16 11:30:40 EDT 2019

Hi Ben,

I don't know any built-in possibility to achieve this with Keycloak.

Depending on the amount of roles, you could do "reverse" lookup and query all roles for their users. Then you have to re-sort the results to get all roles for each user.

Second option could be to write a custom REST endpoint with a custom database query for exactly these informations.
Would be more efficient than multiple queries over the API, but is prone to database changes (although they might be unlikely, imo). So you would have to track changes.

Cheers,
- Niko