[keycloak-user] no nameid leads to npe in SAMLEndpoint.java

Manuel Waltschek manuel.waltschek at prisma-solutions.at
Tue Mar 19 10:32:28 EDT 2019

Hello,

I try to configure a kc-saml idp broker for an external IdP. The logout request from the external idp to the saml broker unfortunately does not contain NameID and therefore org.keycloak.dom.saml.v2.protocol.LogoutRequestType.getNameID() returns null in org.keycloak.broker.saml.SAMLEndpoint. This leads to a nullpointerexception to be thrown.

There is a requirement for us to support nameid-format:unspecified, since USERID is delivered via saml attribute. I configured this in IdP configuration, but it seems that settintg nameid-format to unspecified has no effect (does this also default to persistent?). Am I mixing up these things? Is there a workaround for this issue?

I hope anyone can help me or at least answer me this time. Regards,

[Logo]

Manuel Waltschek BSc.

+43 660 86655 47<tel:+436608665547>
manuel.waltschek at prisma-solutions.at<mailto:manuel.waltschek at prisma-solutions.at>
https://www.prisma-solutions.com

PRISMA solutions EDV-Dienstleistungen GmbH
Klostergasse 18, 2340 Mödling, Austria
Firmenbuch: FN 239449 g, Landesgericht Wiener Neustadt