[keycloak-user] Listing the UMA resources accessible by a user

roxspring at imapmail.org roxspring at imapmail.org
Wed Mar 20 12:34:55 EDT 2019

Using a modern API client definitely improves things but I'm struggling to see how this scales.

If there are 1000+ of resources then the policy seems to have to load each in turn for the policy to execute (at least according to the Java and JavaScript Policy Evaluation API). Presumably running a Java policy will be faster than the JavaScript ones I've played with but fundamentally there's a lot of database access.

Do other built in policies get to use SQL filters and indexes to operate at database speed? - perhaps I need to restrict myself to those sorts of policies to handle large numbers of resources??

Or for 1000+ of resources am I better off having my resource server take control of ownership and not using UMA for it at all?

Keycloak's UMA appears to offers great flexibility, and is great when you already know the resources, but falls down for resource discovery. Or am I missing something?

I'm curious to know of other people's experience with Keycloak UMA + scale!

Thanks,

Rob