[keycloak-user] Problem with Github Identity Provider

Peter Braun pbraun at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 06:17:26 EDT 2019

Hey everyone,

i'm having trouble with the Github Identity Provider in Keycloak 4 (using
RH-SSO 7.3) where it was working fine with Keycloak 3 (RH-SSO 7.2). Realm,
Client and Provider are configured in the same way but login fails and I
get this error in the logs:

*09:14:19,823 ERROR
[org.keycloak.broker.oidc.AbstractOAuth2IdentityProvider] (default task-71)
Failed to make identity provider oauth callback:
org.keycloak.broker.provider.IdentityBrokerException: No access token
available in OAuth server response:
{"error":"unauthorized_client","error_description":"The client is not
authorized to request a token using this method."}*

I've already checked that the credentials are correct and that the realm,
client and idp settings are similar to the Keycloak 3 instance. Any Idea
where to best start looking?

Regards,
Peter