[keycloak-user] Mappers with token exchange

Kemal Hadımlı kemalhadimli at maviucak.com
Wed Mar 27 12:22:49 EDT 2019

Hello,

We're using token exchange to enable logins for social media provider
users, using their respective native apps. So the tokens are obtained via
official SDKs/apps, then sent our backend to be exchanged for a keycloak
token, which is then used throughout.

The problem is, attribute importers don't seem to be running for tokens
that are exchanged with this method. We have a mapper to export the user's
facebook id ("Social Profile JSON Field Path" set to "id") to custom user
attribute, but it doesn't seem to be working. (except of course when I
login "properly" and not use the token exchange process at all)

Are there any settings that I'm missing? Recommendations?

(Keycloak 5.0. Same with 4.1)

Thanks
Kemal