[keycloak-user] Account registration with proprietary Masterdata

Ratna Kamireddy ratna at qualica.com
Tue Sep 10 08:07:27 EDT 2019

Hi,

I want to know the best practise to follow in Keycloak or any OAuth server
to sync keycloak users with the proprietary system.

We are having a proprietary system (called MDM) that handle all the user /
person / organisation / employer / employee information in microservice
environment.
We moved to keycloak for authentication & authorization across all
microservices. And all the endpoints are secured by keycloak.

And we never bothered about user registration. Now we have enabled user
registration on keycloak.And now figuring out what is the best way to sync
keycloak users after registration with the existing MDM. All our
microservices can understand the users in MDM and not the users in keycloak
as if they need more info about user it can interact with MDM. My first
thought would be sending REST request to MDM from keycloak with the newly
registered user information. Please share your experience if you guys
already done it in your system.

Regards
Ratna