[keycloak-user] Keycloak 404s and issues after 4.3.0 upgrade/restore

Nathan McGinnis mcginnis.nathan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:11:11 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am running the Keycloak 4.3.0 docker image in standalone mode with
a PostgreSQL 10.4 backend.  In attempt to migrate this system to one of our
Kubernetes clusters, I took a backup of the keycloak database and restored
it to the new instance.  Starting a newer version of keycloak (I've tried
4.8, 5.x, 6.x all with the same issue) which connects to the newly restored
DB runs the liquibase scripts successfully and all appears well in the
startup logs.

When I navigate to my instance in the browser I can login to the master
realm using my existing credentials, however selecting any realm (or any
link after that) results in a 404.  I see the URL is malformed which is why
I get the 404:
https://keycloak.example.com/auth/admin/master/console/#/realms//clients

Notice the "realms//clients" part.  If you correct this URL manually the
page spins/loads until Keycloak's transaction reaper kills the request.

I have attached the full startup log.  Has anyone ran into this before or
possibly have any insight/suggestions?

Thank you!