[mod_cluster-dev] Disabling of webapps

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 12:40:31 EST 2008

Bela Ban wrote:
> Thanks that was it...
>
> Now to different issues:

> If I start cluster nodes 1 and 2, then create a session on (say) node2
> and kill node2 (CTRL-C), I can see that the contents of JBossCache on
> node1 have the session in memory.
>
> However, when I do a reload of the web page, I don't fail over to node1,
> but instead get an empty web page.

Is this empty web page fully loaded? Or is it still loading while you
hit refresh?

If I hit reload long enough, there is
> a failover ca 60 seconds later. The contents of the session are still
> okay, so they were replicated fine.
>
> So I assume httpd redirects me to node1 because its timeout (60 secs I
> guess) removed node2.

Maybe. Clearly something changed after 60 secs. But if you actually got
a fully loaded empty web page in the meantime, something more
complex/strange is going on, since something had to return that page to you.

> However, when node2 goes down, it should tell httpd to remove node2 from
> the cluster and not direct requests to it !
>
> This is with Beta2.
>

> #2 "localhost:8000/status" doesn't work anymore, I get 404s. This works
> with the 'all' config, modified for mod-lcuster ! The weird thing is
> that I don't even restart httpd, but simply start a different JBoss
> config ! Is the 'status' application dependent on the JBoss AS side ?

Does http://localhost:8000/status/  work? Note the trailing slash.
Remembering that detail is an old bit of mod_jk black art that might
have carried over.

> If I do a telnet localhost 8000, then info and <return>, I do get the
> status information...
>

> #3 When I restart httpd, all hell breaks loose and the JBossAS instances
> don't seem to be able to reconnect to httpd.
>

> Should I create JIRA issues for these problems, with steps to reproduce ?

Just checked with Paul and he says go for it.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
brian.stansberry at redhat.com