[mod_cluster-dev] 503 error when JBoss is bound to 0.0.0.0

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 10:21:27 EDT 2009

Yeah, that's a bug for sure.
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/MODCLUSTER-91

The java side needs to test if the InetAddress.isAnyLocalAddress() ==
true and if so provide something useful to the proxy.

Tricky thing is determining what's useful. An analysis of all
NetworkInterfaces and all InetAddresses associated with them and then
providing all of those to the proxy matches the meaning of '0.0.0.0'.
But from a load balancing point of view, there's only one server. Plus
the list is likely to include things like loopback addresses that the
proxy can't reach, but you don't want the proxy to mark the server as in
error, exclude it from load balancing, just because some interfaces are
unreachable.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering