[mod_cluster-dev] mod-cluster and kill -9

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 05:55:14 EDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Bela Ban wrote:

> OK, I'll try this out. In my case, the failed worker didn't seem to be
> removed after 10secs, but I'll double check and open a JIRA should
> this
> still fail

Probably I'll talk about something different, but still connected with
this issue.

I'm assuming (hopefully correctly) if a pong message isn't received, a
node should be suspected to remove or removed immediately. I think
this is the purpose for ping, right?

I think this is working – new request are routed to working nodes, not
to dead. Mod_cluster manager should also update it's status to show
always current cluster view. Isn't this a mod_cluster manager bug?

--Marek

--
Marek Goldmann

JBoss by Red Hat