[mod_cluster-dev] Configuring checking a crashed worker

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 12:50:32 EDT 2009

jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> I think what should happen is
>> - httpd periodically tests the connection to worker W
>
> Via cping/cpong but only if the worker is not active (no requests for
> a while).

How do we configure this ? I know how to do it in mod_jk, but haven't
found the equivalent config in mod-cluster !

>> - httpd detects connection loss to W
>> - httpd removes W from its worker tables, so requests are not dispatched
>> to W
>
> As soon as the worker W is marked in error the request are not
> forwarded to it. (That is already the since the very first beta of
> mod_cluster).
> So removing would be removing a node, virtualhosts and contexts.

Yes. But when this happens in mod-cluster, e.g. by killing -9 a node, it
takes almost a minute to fail over. Which config governs this timeout ?

How do I do this ? Help please ? URGENT !!! LOL :-)

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team