[mod_cluster-dev] Excluded contexts

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 11:54:17 EST 2009

jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Paul Ferraro wrote:

>>> Enable ROOT context by default is probably not a good idea. every
>>> requests will go to JBoss and probably will return 404.
>>>
>> Why would there be any requests for these webapps via httpd at all?
>
> ROOT corresponds to / so everything will be rooted to JBoss by default.
> I am not sure that is a good default.

I'm kind of on the fence on this one, but my gut tells me you're right,
Jean-Frederic.

A possibility for a future enhancement is an API around this such that
an AS deployer could exclude (or include) a context based on a
jboss-web.xml config element. Then the default ROOT.war that ships with
the AS could be configured to exclude itself while user-deployed root
contexts would be allowed.

That only helps inside the AS though. :(

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
brian.stansberry at redhat.com