[mod_cluster-dev] Session temporarily unavailable
bban at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 08:57:00 EDT 2009
When I have 2 nodes (node1, node2), and a session which is created on
node1 (and replicated to node2), the following can happen:
* I shut down node1 (CTRL-C)
* node1 terminates cleanly
* I access the webapp, but get a "Session temporarily unavailable"
failure message (I guess a 500)
* When I check mod-cluster-manager, information about node1 is still
* Ca 5 seconds later, mod-cluster-manager doesn't show node1 anymore
* When I now access the webapp, I get the proper failed over session
on node2 and all my data is still there
So my question is why doesn't node2 immediately tell httpd/mod-cluster
that node1 is gone ? It seems that httpd *itself* only learns about this
when it pings the socket to node1...
I recall Paul once telling me we hadn't implemented that functionality,
but I guess by now this is surely implemented ?
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team
More information about the mod_cluster-dev