[mod_cluster-dev] mod-cluster and domains with sticky sessions

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 10:59:36 EDT 2009

Paul Ferraro wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 12:42 +0200, Bela Ban wrote:
>> Thanks for the explanation !
>>
>> So I switched to placing the property inside of HAModClusterConfig, and
>> this seems to work. However, mod_cluster_manager does *not* show the
>> domain ! Does it only show the domain when it is configured in
>> ModClusterListener in server.xml ?
>
> I think I see where the confusion is...
> The entry point for the configuration of mod_cluster is the lifecycle
> listener in server.xml. There are two types of listeners you can use:
>
> 1. ModClusterListener - configures mod_cluster directly inside
> server.xml via java bean properties. If you use ModClusterListener in
> server.xml, everything in mod-cluster-jboss-beans.xml is ignored. This
> also limits your load balancing options to a single metric.

Oops, the documentation led me to believe that I need to configure
*both* ! In http://jboss.org/mod_cluster/java/config.html, the
configuration of ModClusterListener is under "Common Configuration", so
I thought this needs to be added no matter what...

Voila, I removed ModClusterListener from server.xml, and I can now see
the domains in mod-cluster-manager, great !

thanks for you help !

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team