[mod_cluster-dev] nullpointer exception while updating cluster status

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 03:48:34 EDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Paul Ferraro wrote:

> This looks like the result of a partition merge.  The merging of 2
> partitions creates a situation where a former singleton master might
> be
> in the middle of rpcs on the new singleton master, whose responses are
> being handled correctly.  JIRA filed here:
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/MODCLUSTER-85

Yes, it was thrown after I started/shutdown several instances on EC2.
Thank you for filling a ticket!

> I presume that this stream of NPEs only occurs for a brief period.  Is
> that correct?

As you see in logs NPE is thrown periodically with 10 sec pause. I
waited about 3 min and the NPE was still thrown, after that I shutdown
that instance. Unfortunately I don't know if that NPE was thrown only
for a short period of time :(

--Marek

--
Marek Goldmann