[mod_cluster-dev] Enabling mod_cluster by default in AS6

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 18:36:19 EDT 2010

On 04/30/2010 10:27 AM, Paul Ferraro wrote:
>    We still need mod_cluster to start before
> the WebServer, but a simple dummy bean configuration should do the
> trick:
>
>    <bean name="ModClusterLoader" class="java.lang.Object">
>      <demand targetState="Installed">ModClusterListener</demand>
>      <demand targetState="Instantiated">WebServer</demand>
>    </bean>
>
> I could not use this previously because this said nothing about the
> shutdown order of the two beans.  But now, I think it should work.

Ales: does <demand targetState="Instantiated">WebServer</demand> mean
"install me once WebServer is instantiated but before it reaches the
next state"? Or is it "install me once WebServer is at least
instantiated (although WebServer could be at a later state)"

The former could only be reliable if the MC knew about ModClusterLoader
before it started handling WebServer.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering