[mod_cluster-dev] Show cluster in mod-cluster-manager ?

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Jul 6 09:57:00 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 15:23 +0200, Bela Ban wrote:

> jean-frederic clere wrote:
> > On 07/06/2010 02:55 PM, Bela Ban wrote:
> >> A domain shows that it has node1, node2, node3, but that doesn't
> >> necessaily mean that node[1-3] really formed a cluster !
> >
> > So you mean you want an additional information in the
> > /mod_cluster-manager and have something like:
> > Node1:
> > Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0,...
> > Node2:
> > Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0,...
> > node3:
> > Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster1,...
> > or node3:
> > Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: ,...
>
> The information should also show the node in the cluster, e.g.
> Node1:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0 [Node1,Node2]
> Node2:
> Balancer: mycluster,Domain: dom1,cluster: cluster0 [Node1,Node2]
>

> We should make sure though that mod_cluster_manager doesn't get
> overloaded with this information... node names can get long !
>
> > Correct? ... How could we get that information? In the STATUS MCMP?
>
> Brian, Paul ?

If you wanted this information in mod_cluster-manager, it would need to
be sent via STATUS ... however, in general, I don't think we should be
pushing any information to httpd that it would not "use" - after all, it
is not the appropriate place to manage a jgroups cluster.
Ideally JON should be the ultimate go-to source for this kind of
information - just as it is for all clusters in the AS.  Perhaps the
fundamental feature request is to be able to cross reference the
jvmRoute and connector address (i.e. what mod_cluster knows) with the
logical address of the jgroups cluster.  Thoughts?