[mod_cluster-dev] Connection between JBoss 7 and httpd in mod-cluster

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 07:30:28 EST 2012

Hi Paul, Jean-Frederic,

the manual (section 9.3 SSL Configuration) states that "the
communication channel between application servers and httpd proxies use
HTTP by default".

I thought the communication between appservers and httpd mod-cluster
uses AJP by default ? Has this changed to HTTP ?

I changed the following 2 things (in standalone-ha.xml in AS 7):

<connector name="ajp" protocol="AJP/1.3" socket-binding="ajp"
max-connections="400"/>
<socket-binding name="ajp" port="8009"/>

and then "netstat -na |grep 8009" and the mod-cluster-manager "show-info
command" actually showed that AJP was now used, compared to HTTP before.

Do I have to enable this to actually make the workers communicate with
httpd via AJP and not via HTTP ?

Or am I mistaken and this is only used for MCMP, but not
request/response forwarding ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups (http://www.jgroups.org)